The purchase of the former Clayton Hospital site, strategically situated directly between WGHS & QEGS, is the most significant acquisition by our Schools since we relocated QEGS to Northgate in 1854 and purchased Wentworth House to create Wakefield Girls’ High School in 1878.

This site and our ambitions for it will provide our Schools with the opportunity for new, modern facilities to complement our existing buildings and their distinct heritage. This will ensure future generations of our pupils can benefit from significant improvements that would prove impossible within our existing campus.

The central location also means that new developments can benefit all of our Schools and so is a once in a lifetime opportunity.